Monday, March 3, 2014

Wikipedia on HCS

I often use Wikipedia as a reference. Let this be a reminder to me: Never Trust Anybody. As of March 3, 2014, I see Hamilton Central School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hamilton Central School, located on West Kendrick Avenue, Hamilton, New York was established in 1946. It educates Students in K-12 with an average class size of 45 and a teacher to student ratio of 1:10.
I suppose they mean "grade size", or class size as in "class of 2014"; with 13 grades and 578 kids the average grade size is actually 44.46. I don't know the actual overall average class size, if that even means anything (different kinds of classes have different average sizes) but the district web site says
Average class sizes for elementary and core secondary subjects range from 14-22.
Plausible. And of course the Wikipedia page does link to the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment