Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Field Trips With Augmented Reality

This post is sort of a placeholder, for a train of thought prompted by reading Roadtrippers Redesigns the Travel Guide for Esoteric Exploration | Wired Design | Wired.com
Discover interesting places and paths through the country on the Roadtrippers app.
Field trips, or travel more generally, have always been an essential part of education, but it has recently gotten easier to see what you're looking at whether it's a rock, a bird, a building... you can look it up online while you're right in front of it. Like many people, I'm willing to sign up for a tour...but I'd be happier to sign up for a virtual tour at my own pace, taking the detours I wanted to take and learning what I wanted to learn, or just going along while one of my kids did so....I'd download a zillion video segments in advance so I could actually hear what the tour guide wanted to say. Wouldn't you? And I'd also like to take more tours by telepresence...
Well, maybe not. I dunno

No comments:

Post a Comment